Face Lift Overview
Face and neck lift is a cosmetic surgery performed to rejuvenate and restore the face and neck of a person to a more youthful appearance. The person becomes a younger, natural version of themselves.
Face Lift surgery addresses the age-related changes of the lower half of the face starting from the ear-eye level to the neck.
As a person ages, the skin along with the soft tissues descends downwards. Facelift surgery elevates this downwards sagging skin by re-positioning the skin upwards and removing the extra skin.
At Kalpana Aesthetics we evaluate the entire face as a whole and suggest the best-customized treatment plan for you.
What Happens in Face and Neck Lift surgery ?
Face Lift Surgery is done under general anaesthesia. You remain unconscious throughout the procedure. The surgery may take 4 to 6 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
You are asked to come to the surgical suite at least 2 hours before the time slot allotted for surgery. It essential to come empty stomach. Please carefully read and follow all the pre-operative instructions given to you at the time of appointment.
You will be given time immediately before the surgery to discuss any last minute doubts with the surgeon. Once you are ready, you will be taken to the operation theatre. You will remain unconscious throughout the surgery.
An incision is given in front of the ear extending upwards into the hairline. Extra skin is removed. The soft tissue is redistributed by rearranging the inner layers. Finally, the skin is stitched to a new position to restore the tightness and shape of youthful appearance.
There may be some discomfort in the first 48 hours after surgery. Any pain is treated with pain medications. You may have to stay back at the hospital for a couple of days
What are the benefits of Face and Neck Lift surgery ?
- Your skin will be firmer, tighter and fresher looking. You will have a younger looking appearance which will improve your confidence and self-esteem.
- A facelift tightens the muscles of the face. It pulls up the cheeks to remove deep laugh lines and hanging jowls.
- Neck lift re-contours the neck by removing extra skin and tightening superficial neck muscles to remove neck bands.
- You will notice that any wrinkles and the effects of exposure to the sun and wind have disappeared.
- The results of Face Lift surgery can last for up to ten years.
Who are the best candidates for Face and Neck Lift Surgery ?
Individuals with mild to severe skin laxity and deep wrinkles are the best candidates for Face and Neck Lift surgery. Very fine wrinkles and minimal skin laxity can be treated with other cosmetology rejuvenation procedures. There is no age limit. It is preferable for the patient to be in good physical health without any preexisting eye problems like dry eyes or infections and most importantly must have a realistic expectation.
When will I see the results ?
You may begin to appreciate the results from around 6 weeks after the surgery. Although it takes 6 months for complete tissue remodelling and appearance of final results. Tissue healing takes 1 to 2 weeks. There will be mild swelling for 7 days. Sutures are removed on the 5th-7th day after surgery.
What are the risks and safety considerations ?
Like all surgical procedures, there are risks relayed to surgery, anaesthesia and sutures. Please read the Face Lift Informed Consent document thoroughly and completely to understand the risks involved.
What are After-Surgery instructions and precautions ?
- After the surgery, the patient may have to stay overnight at the hospital for observation. Small dressings are placed at incision sites which are removed in a couple of days.
- There will be swelling for a few days after surgery, it is usually worse in the first 48 hours thereafter it gradually reduces and almost disappears within a week.
- Please read and follow the post-procedure instructions carefully and completely.